Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Video Christmas Card from Hong Kong

I took these photos in Hong Kong December 1 - 2, 2009 and made a video with music.



The city has a lot of Christmas displays now, and I loved the imagination of some of the designers. The Christmas tree is from 1881 Heritage on Salisbury Road. The fairies are from Harbour City and the remaining shots are from Times Square. I've heard that the characters at Times Square are based the illustrated novel by Jimmy Liao entitled either Turn Left, Turn Right, or A Chance of Sunshine. I think this is his website: http://www.jimmyspa.com/.

The music is "Balulalow", from Benjamin Britten's A Ceremony of Carols, Opus 28, 1942, performed by Kings College Choir, Cambridge, conducted by Stephen Cleobury. Balulalow means "lullaby" and the middle English lyrics are below.

O my deare hert, young Jesu sweit,

Prepare thy creddil in my spreit,

And I sall rock thee to my hert,

And never mair from thee depart.

But I sall praise thee evermoir

With sanges sweit unto thy gloir;

The knees of my heart sall I bow,

And sing that richt Balulalow!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the video card. Nice music and good pictures.

    Hope we have a chance to visit a bit while you're in Toronto.

    By the way, what's the situation with the apartment on Maitland now that John has bought his coop. I went to his Wassail last weekend. His apartment is lovely.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wayne, this was a charming Christmas card/message, and I thank you very much for it. I loved the music...so perfect for the subject matter. I look forward to seeing you when you return. We missed you at our NE pot luck dinner last Friday (4th) which was held here in Aurora. There were about 24 people...lively, and lots of fun. See you soon. Carol Dodds.

    ReplyDelete